Re: Load balance

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Load balance
Posted by:  Hilary Cotter (hilary.cott…@gmail.com)
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006

Have a look at peer-to-peer replication. It will give you the scale out
performance you need. However it will not do the failover you are looking
for. For this you need clustering, or data mirroring. If you need to have
some processing done on one node, and then farm out other processing to
different nodes, you might be able to use DPVs, service broker, or merge
replication for this.

It really depends on your requirements.

--
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?

Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com