Re: Veritas Cluster?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Veritas Cluster?
Posted by:  bradsbulkma…@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007

Hi Neil,

Veritas Clustering works differently from MSCS Clustering. In addition
to using the Veritas interface, you'll have to manually install the
SQL instance binaries on each node of the cluster (MSCS will install
the binary files onto the local drive of each node).

Word to the wise: we've had nothing but trouble with Veritas
Clustering. It was implemented as part of a DR solution, not our
primary production platform, and has a tendency to lose tracj of the
SAN disks after a failover, requiring the SA to go in and "tweak" the
Veritas Cluster until the drives come online.