Re: SQL 2005 on a windows active/active/passive cluster

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: SQL 2005 on a windows active/active/passive cluster
Posted by:  Tom Moreau (tom@dont.spam.me.cips.ca)
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007

We really don't use the term "active/passive" any more.  That's because you
can have several instances on a cluster.  Based on your description, I'm
inferring that you mean an N+1 cluster, i.e. N instances of SQL Server
running on N+1 nodes.  Thus, one node acts as a backup for any of the
others.

Check out:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2007/03/SQLClusters/default.aspx

--
  Tom

Thomas A. Moreau, BSc, PhD, MCSE, MCDBA, MCITP, MCTS
SQL Server MVP
Toronto, ON  Canada
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Tom.Moreau

"James Kaiser" <jkaiser…@charter.net> wrote in message
I understand how to install SQL 2005 on an active/passive windows cluster.
Management has decided that we will be moving to an
active/active/active/passive windows cluster. I am looking for information
on how to install SQL 2005 clustering on this type of windows cluster? Does
anyone know of any documentation or references available?

Thanks

Jim Kaiser