Re: SQL Server service stopping mode on One Cluster Node

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: SQL Server service stopping mode on One Cluster Node
Posted by:  Geoff N. Hiten (SQLCraftsm…@gmail.com)
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009

The application log should show why the SQL instance failed.

It looks like the SQL instance is not responding to the cluster resource
"looksAlive" and "IsAlive" checks.  Might be a dependency error.  Try and
bring the disk resources online, then the IP , then the network name
resources online.  Then try and bring the SQL Server resource online and see
if you get better results or at least better error messages.

--
Geoff N. Hiten
Principal SQL Infrastructure Consultant

"Dinesh Bhandare" <Dinesh Bhanda…@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in