RE: Need direction on troubleshooting speed issue

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: RE: Need direction on troubleshooting speed issue
Posted by:  4X (…@discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008

I appreciate everyone taking the time to give feedback.  I haven't lost
interest in this thread but my work schedule has prevented me from working on
this problem.  It takes me 7 to 10 days to prepare for payroll so that has
been preventing me from getting back to this problem.  I also support others
in this company with their technology so that also gets in the way.  The
workaround of using a clean partition allowed me to get back to work and make
up for the time I lost trying to figure out the problem.  The workaround is
inconvenient but at least I can work.

The program that I am identifying as the culprit is NOT running the same
time as my program.

I plan to:
- copy my working partition and install the problematic software to see if
it corrupts again,
- copy my corrupted partition and see if uninstalling programs allows it to
run fast again,
- narrow down my program to the offending line of call to the winapi as
opposed to the entry to the subroutine

But I won't be able to do this for another week.  Thanks again.