Re: Visual Studio .Net Versus Access

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Visual Studio .Net Versus Access
Posted by:  Scott M. (smar@nospam.nospam)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008

Only you can really answer the question as to whether you should switch.  If
you can do what your clients want and "it ain't broke", don't fix it.

Moving to .NET has many advantages, but to get there, you'll need to
re-learn almost everything you've learned since VB .NET is not VBA and to
truly get the performance gains you would want, you'd need a solid
understanding of the .NET Framework.

I would only say that (IMHO) VBA and Access as a font-end was always
something I was leery of, even back when it was in its heyday.  The
scaleability and portability baggage cost just always seemed to high a prive
to pay than creating stand-alone VB front-ends.

-Scott