Re: VS2008 not responding for a long time when add existing web si

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: VS2008 not responding for a long time when add existing web si
Posted by:  dotAge (dotA…@discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009

The web site is just a small sample (<1M).
I mean that the dialog Add Existing Web Site had to wait a long time (about
ten minutes) before show up. When it showed up, the adding operation is no
delay.
Yes, I have a very huge folder holding a large amount of sample codes (27
thousand files and more that 6 thousand subfolders), but wherever my project
is, the problem always arises.
I noticed that is no problem if I selected Local IIS web site on the dialog
at last time, but when I click the File System, the problem arise again.
I think the File System function of the dialog should be used like a normal
FolderBrowserDialog control, there is no need for the Visual Studio takes a
long time to build a complete folder tree in memory before show the dialog.