Re: vs 2005 website administration tool error

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: vs 2005 website administration tool error
Posted by:  djc (noo…@nowhere.com)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006

to anyone interested.

I closed the website admin tool, then I just deleted the mdf file (and the
associated transaction log file) it was accessing, reopened the website
admin tool, went to the secuirty tab, it took a moment to load (it recreated
the db files) no error but also the right content did not show. At that
moment *instead* of hitting refresh or clicking the security tab again
(which I think I may have done the first time) I closed and reopened the
website admin tool again and then all worked fine. Security tab loaded with
no issue. I don't know if that last close and reopen was necessary but thats
what I did and problem solved.