Re: File install depending on registry key ?

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: File install depending on registry key ?
Posted by:  Phil Wilson (phil.wils…@wonderware.something.com)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007

It's possible you can't do this with Visual Studio setup projects.

Search Target Machine can be used to search for items in the registry but
unless you can search for a data item under that key you can't do it.  For
example you can do a Search Target Machine for the item InstallRoot under
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework, but you can't do a search only on
that .NETFramework key.
If you CAN do a search like this, it will set a property. Use this property
as a condition on installing the file.

Since you're asking a lot of VS setup questions these should be helpful:

http://www.simple-talk.com/dotnet/visual-studio/getting-started-with-setup-projects/

http://www.simple-talk.com/dotnet/visual-studio/visual-studio-setup---projects-and-custom-actions/

http://www.simple-talk.com/dotnet/visual-studio/updates-to-setup-projects/

--