RE: My Network Places bad on 1 PC, good on the other

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: RE: My Network Places bad on 1 PC, good on the other
Posted by:  Ron Smith
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005

I'm not answering my own question, but 5 minutes after I made the above post,
I got one of those "\(laptop name) is not accessible. You might not have
permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this
server to find out
if you have access permissions. " pop up on my desktop, for no reason.
Where did that come from -- I was just setting here.

Also, the "Entire Network" icon has disappeared from under My Network Places
-- what's going on here -- why would that disappear.

OK, while I was typing this note, the "Entire Network" icon came back, but I
can now only get down to the Mshome in the network structure -- which is
where I was able to get on my wife's computer.  What happened.

Oh-OH, look at this -- the little blue wireless light went off on my wife's
laptop -- maybe that is what happened -- don't ever remember that happening
before either.  I hit the wireless on button on the laptop and we are back on
the air, but I still can't get back to the point where I could see everything
on my wife's laptop from my desktop.

Sorry these are so long.

--
Ron Smith in Round Rock