Re: Home network problem

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Home network problem
Posted by:  vze1xjz (vz…@verzn.net)
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005

In article <412msrF1cm3af…@individual.net>, bob…@aventuremail.com
says...
> I have set-up a home network for my desktop and notebook computers. I am
> running XP Pro on my desktop and XP Home on the notebooks. All use wireless
> networking connected to the Internet via a wireless modem/router.
>
> Internet access worked perfectly on all systems.
>
> But I can't get my home network to work.

XP Home is not networkable. I'm pretty sure that's the case, but even
so...
You might try to use Start-Run-\ipaddress and see if a window pops up
with the shared contents.

Can you ping the machines from the other machines?

Another thought is that your wireless network is not ad-hoc, but looking
to an access point, which is necessary to get to the internet. The
wireless router might be blocking station to station traffic.

Dont' turn on NWLink. That's netware.