Re: Home network problem

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Home network problem
Posted by:  Patrick Murray (karriturnerfa…@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006

Make sure BOTH computers sharing the Net access have the same workgroup
name.Be it  the default HOME or MSHOME or something more original. I have
found the same SSID (name) of the wireless network works best as the
workgroup name. Easier to remember. Also, make sure the NWLink
IPX/SPX/NetBIOS compatible protocol is bound to the wireless NIC on the
laptop and the NIC on the desktop. That also I have found is important to
make the computers seen by the other devices on the network.