Re: Trouble with LoginScripts

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Trouble with LoginScripts
Posted by:  Mikael Erkas (mikael.erk…@epm.se)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006

Hi

I have had the same problem 2 times before when changing fileservers
(Win2003 server).

I noticed that sometimes if you have mapped the drives with the persistent
flag, for example "net use X: \\server1\share1 /PERSISTENT:YES" it doesn't
help even if you do a net use X: /DELETE before mapping up the new shares.

Also it seems that the same occurs if the users have mapped the drive
manualy from the Windows UI on their computer and checked the checkbox for
"Reconnect at logon".

I had to tell the users to right click on the old shares (the ones pointing
at the wrong servername) and then click on "disconnect". When they ran the
loginscript at the next logon it worked as intended again, in another words
they got the correct mapped shares.

Not realy a solution, but it worked for that time due to the small amount of
workstations and users.