Re: LDAP and A/D security over internet

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: LDAP and A/D security over internet
Posted by:  Erik Cheizoo (echeizoo.XenD.nl@removethis.gmail.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007

Never, ever, ever publish your AD DC's to the Internet (that's what you're
doing when opening up ldap ports. It's hackers wet dream.

A better solution would be to create a VPN tunnel from their app server to
one of your DC's.
That is, when you trust them enough to publish one of your DCs to them. Only
allow the minimum required ports for ldap authentication

--
Kind regards,

Erik Cheizoo
eXcellence & Difference - we keep your business running
Always test in a non-production environment before implementing
Guidelines for posting:http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375