Re: Need Colocation Active Directory setup help

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Need Colocation Active Directory setup help
Posted by:  Jorge Silva (jorgesilva_…@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007

Hi
I don't know if I understand you correctly, are you planning to shutdown the
Top root domain?
Reconsider your domain design, and, if possible have at least 2 DCs per
domain.
In Ad concern you should establish a Trust between the 2 forests, and use
ADMT to migrate user, computer accounts, SIDs, etc... Then you can still use
it in both forests if you wish (in case of different forests).
If the main location is to be shutdown, you can't use the new domain in the
same forest because if you do so, you'll need the root domain, and that
domain cannot be shutdown or you'll loose the forest.

--

I hope that the information above helps you.
Have a Nice day.