Re: password complexity requirement

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: password complexity requirement
Posted by:  Jorge Silva (jorgesilva_…@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008

Hi
See inline
> When the password complexity requirement is enabled, will this prompt
> users to change their current passwords immediately if their current
> password does not meet the complexity requirement?

No. The users will be prompted to use complexity in the next time they
change their passwords, or when their pw policy expires.

> I'm guessing it will instead enforce complexity whenever the password
> next expires, but I want to make sure before applying this change.

If the PW, never expires, then only when you need to manually change that PW
you'll be prompted to use complexity.

--
I hope that the information above helps you.
Have a Nice day.

Jorge Silva
MCSE, MVP Directory Services