Re: Logon and Replication Traffic Analisys

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Logon and Replication Traffic Analisys
Posted by:  Danny Sanders (DSande…@NOSPAMciber.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008

I would forget about those numbers and concentrate on the user experience.
Number don't mean squat to a user that thinks it's taking too long to log
in.
Define a site for each location and include a DC in each site.

> Some locations have full time admins (probably i´ll use Child-Domains) and
> som locations have 128 Kb/s leased/MPLS WAN

This would add another layer of admin overhead. Changing passwords on
services for compliance purposes would have to be done once in one domain
and again on the other domain. If they were in a site, you make the change
and it replicates..........done.

We have 50+ sites and over 8K users. The DC is the print, DHCP,DNS and file
server for each site. Sites where they have admins we provide them with a
taskpad to do only what we want them to do.

hth