Re: Logon and Replication Traffic Analisys

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Logon and Replication Traffic Analisys
Posted by:  Paul Bergson [MVP-DS] (pbergson@allete_nospam.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008

If you have more than about 50 users in a site, have a slow link, an
application that needs to access AD or an unreliable link then that site
should have a DC.  Obviously I have over simplified but those are mainly the
basics to look at when you are trying to decide which sites should have a
dc.

Best Practice Guide

Paul Bergson
MVP - Directory Services
MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci
2008, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4

http://www.pbbergs.com

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup