Re: Active Directory split

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Active Directory split
Posted by:  Paul Bergson [MVP-DS] (pbbergs@nospam_msn.com)
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008

Hello Luka,
If you are going to do a migration you should convince your management that
you need to establish a trust between the two domains.  If you have the trust
established then you can migrate the users, computers, groups, etc... and
the security permissions associated with objects.  Otherwise you will be
stuck with recreating every single attribute.  Not a good option even on
a small 200 user network.

Other than that you will be forced to do all manually and users will be stuck
with maintaining two id's and authenticating in each domain.  Although you
could look at the stored passwords option in XP, but I hate allowing passwords
of any type to be saved.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306541

--
Paul Bergson
MVP - Directory Services

http://www.pbbergs.com

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup This posting
is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.