|Subject:||Peterborough FRS problem|
|Posted by:||Confused (Confus…@discussions.microsoft.com)|
|Date:||Mon, 20 Apr 2009|
My Peterborough server is reporting 13568 erros in the Repliaction log.
Investigation points to following registry change:
1. Expand "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NtFrs\Parameters"
2. Change value for "Enable Journal Wrap Automatic Restore" from 0 to 1. If
the DWORD Value does not exist, create a new one with the exact spelling as
above, including spaces but without the quotes.
3. Stop the NTFRS Service (open a command prompt and type "net stop ntfrs")
4. Start the NTFRS Service (net start ntfrs)
5. Monitor the File Replication Service Event Logs for events:
â€¢ 13553 â€“ The DC is performing the recovery process
â€¢ 13554 â€“ The DC is ready to pull the replica from another DC.
â€¢ 13516 - At this point go to step 6. (the problem is resolved if you
receive this event)
6. Using a command prompt type: "net share" and look for the Netlogon and
Sysvol Shares to appear. The Journal Wrap error is only fixed after the
Domain Controller receives the new SYSVOL replica from a peer Domain
Controller. This may take a period of time depending on where your peer DC is
located and on bandwidth.
7. Change value for "Enable Journal Wrap Automatic Restore" from 1 to 0.
However I am warned that the 'data' will be unavailable whilst the server is
pulling a freash copy of the SYSVOL from a replication partner. This server
is used as a DC, Print and file server. Will my users be able to print and
access files if I enable this setting?