Re: INSTALL PROGRAM.EXE FROM AD POLICY WIN2003 SP2

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: INSTALL PROGRAM.EXE FROM AD POLICY WIN2003 SP2
Posted by:  Marcin (marcin@community.nospam)
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009

Francisco,
the preferred approach is to obtain (or create - although this might reqiure
extra skills/third party software) Windows Installer based installation
program (MSI). This gives you ability to both publish and assign software.
The considerably inferior alternative is to use zap files (as described in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/231747) or deploy an application as part of
the computer startup script.

hth
Marcin