Re: Win2k3 R2 AD to W2K8 R2

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Win2k3 R2 AD to W2K8 R2
Posted by:  Scott Van Cleave [MSFT] (scottv…@online.microsoft.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009

Yes, you will have to run WS2008 R2 forestprep and domainprep prior to
promoting a WS2008 R2 domain controller.  Keep in mind that WS2008 R2 is
still in Beta and is not supported and should not be installed in a
production active directory forest unless you have a seperate agreement with
Microsoft in place that provides you support for doing so.

-
Scott Van Cleave [MSFT]
MCM:Directory | MCITP:EA/SA | MCSE:Security | CISSP | Security+
scottv…@online.microsoft.com
newsgroup purposes only.