Re: Upgrading from 2000 Server w/ Exchange 5.5

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Upgrading from 2000 Server w/ Exchange 5.5
Posted by:  Oli Restorick [MVP] (o…@mvps.org)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006

Are you looking to upgrade the operating system from Windows 2000 Server to
Windows Server 2003 (or R2), or to go from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
while leaving the server as is?

Or perhaps you are looking to move the complete installation to new hardware
while retaining the software you have.

If you're looking to go for the first option, be aware that Exchange 5.5
does not run under Windows Server 2003.  If you are looking to use Windows
Server 2003 but not upgrade Exchange, you'd have to deploy Windows Server
2003 on a different server.  You'd probably want to end up with the Windows
Server 2003 box being an additional domain controller in the current domain.

If you clarify your question, we can provide some specific advice.

Regards

Oli