Re: Help with Server 2003 - can't connect to the internet

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Help with Server 2003 - can't connect to the internet
Posted by:  Paul Bergson (pbergson@allete_nospam.com)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006

Does your dns server forward unknown requests to your ISP's dns server?  It
needs to do this to get Internet name resolution?  Bring up the mmc console
for dns left click and then right click on the server, select properties,
select the forwarders tab and enter in your ISP ip address.

What about your gateway address?  Do you have the routes setup to get out to
the internet?

--

Paul Bergson  MCT, MCSE, MCSA, CNE, CNA, CCA
http://www.pbbergs.com