RE: Setting up a single server to do DNS and IIS

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: RE: Setting up a single server to do DNS and IIS
Posted by:  rumptis (rumpt…@discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006

Do you have this box directly connected to the Internet?  If so you really
need to get a real firewall and then create rules for each IP address and
then forward it to the Server.

Unless the other IP address are asigned to something you will not be able to
ping them. If you are directly connected to the Internet and trying to add
all these IP Adresses I'm not sure that will work.  Get a good firewall that
can handle more then one IP address.