Re: Restart the Wind NT Server

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Restart the Wind NT Server
Posted by:  Allen (allen.miya…@gmail.com)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006

What reasons you select for restarting or shutdown the server is totally up
to you. This is so it will show more details in the Event Logs and does not
affect shutdown of the server. The proper way? Well that all depends.
Usually the only concern when shuting down a Windows NT server are whether
or not you should shut down some services first. I would say that if you are
not running Exchange on this server or IIS then you need not worry about it.
If you are then it has always been an industry best practice in the old NT
and Exchange 5.5 days to shutdown MS Exchange services beginning with the
System Attendant.