RE: More user rights needed

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: RE: More user rights needed
Posted by:  Brian Delaney (BrianDelan…@discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006

If you wish to grant your users access to install/uninstall programs you need
to grant them with local administrative rights on their PCs.

You can do this manually via Computer Management --> Local Users and Groups
--> Groups --> Administrators and add the desired Domain Users into that
group.

Or you can do this through a group policy by configuring Restricted Groups
and this will get pushed down to the client machines (becareful not to
configure this at domain level for this purpose as this would also affect the
Administrators group for the domain)
http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/Library/2715d832-fe71-47f7-86fd-412f013a40cd1033.mspx

--
Brian Delaney, MCSE