RE: MSDTC COM+ service error causing SBS monitoring and sharepoint to

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: RE: MSDTC COM+ service error causing SBS monitoring and sharepoint to
Posted by:  Ryan D. Marshall (RyanDMarsha…@discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006

I am getting the exact same error on a Windows 2003 Enterprise System.  Same
exact message and line of code referenced as in Ken's post below.

> Sub-component Distributed Transaction Coordinator raised an exception while
> processing the OC_COMPLETE_INSTALLATION setup message.
> d:\srvrtm\com\complus\dtc\
tdtcsetup\src\cdtccore.cpp (line 793)
> Error Code = 0xffffffff
> The DTC service could not be installed.

MSDTC fails at startup, and I can't forceably start it either.

Another similarity is that the PDC for our domain is still an SBS 2003 SP1
Premium system.  (Part of the reason we're trying to get the Enterprise
system error resolved is to help migrate services as our company grows.)

Any thoughts on this?  It's really holding our ability to use that server
effectively.

Thanks,
Ryan Marshall
Lead Operating Officer