Re: Unable to open exe,msc files

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Unable to open exe,msc files
Posted by:  Dave Patrick (DSPatrick@nospam.gmail.com)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009

What happens if you try from within the windows folder? Control
Panel|System|Advanced|Environment Variables|System Variables and make sure
that "Path" has
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%
at least somewhere in the string.

Also check that "Path" found at
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment
is a type Reg_Expand_Sz string and not type Reg_Sz

--

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]