Re: Getting this error over and over please help

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: Getting this error over and over please help
Posted by:  Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer] (acem…@mvps.RemoveThisPart.org)
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009

"Thomas R Grassi Jr" <thomasgras…@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:uYDOSrwvJHA.17…@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Windows 2003 R2 Standard DC Server SP2
>
> After server securrity fixes and a restart of the server I am getting this
> error over and over  every 5 mins
>
> Type:  Error
> Date:  4/16/2009
> Time:  5:46:00 PM
> Event:  1058
> Source:  Userenv
> Category: None
> User:  \SYSTEM
> Computer: TGCS002
> Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO
> CN={31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9},CN=Policies,CN=System,DC=our,DC=network,DC=tgcsnet,DC=com.
> The file must be present at the location
> <\\our.network.tgcsnet.com\sysvol\our.network.tgcsnet.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\gpt.ini>.
> (Access is denied. ). Group Policy processing aborted.
>
> Type:  Error
> Date:  4/16/2009
> Time:  5:41:00 PM
> Event:  1030
> Source:  Userenv
> Category: None
> User:  \SYSTEM
> Computer: TGCS002
> Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. Check the event
> log for possible messages previously logged by the policy engine that
> describes the reason for this.
>
> Every thing was working fine until the updates came out and I had to
> restart the server
>
> I do have another DC server Windows 2003 R2 Standard server in my domain
>
> I am searching for the file gpt.ini now found it on one DC but the one
> with all the errors it is not there.
>
> How do I recreate this file?
>
> thanks
>
> Tom

Hello Tom,

Nice to see you again!

I know you've posted before, but I forget your DNS and other configuration.
Please post an unedited ipconfig /all from both DCs to help refresh my
memory.

Just as an FYI/reminder, some of the things that can cause this issue are
multihomed DCs, using an ISP DNS in IP properties (on the DCs and clients),
single label name AD DNS domain names, etc.

Thanks,

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Ace Fekay, MCSE 2003 & 2000, MCSA 2003 & 2000, MCSA Messaging, MCT
Microsoft Certified Trainer
acem…@mvps.RemoveThisPart.org

For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please
checkhttp://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.