|Subject:||Winload.exe Missing or Corrupt After ImageX /APPLY|
|Posted by:||Stewart Berman (email@example.com)|
|Date:||Sun, 19 Apr 2009|
I wanted to move my system from one drive type to another.
I created a bootable Windows PE CD with ImageX.exe on it and booted it.
I then used
IMAGEX /COMPRESS NONE /CAPTURE C: C:\IMAGEING\Server2008.wim "Server2008"
To install the image:
1. In BIOS Setup made the target drive the one to boot from.
2. Booted from the Windows PE CD
3. Verified that the target drive was now the C: drive
4. Used Diskpart to do a quick format of the only partition on the C: drive and made sure the
partition was marked as Active.
5. Found the original system drive on D:
6. Used ImageX to Apply the image to the C: drive:
IMAGEX /APPLY D:\IMAGING\<wim file name> 1 C:\
7. Used wpeutil to shutdown
8. Removed SATA cables from all drives except the target drive.
9. Powered up the system (removed CD)
Got a text screen saying that windows could not start because a file was missing or corrupt:
I booted the Windows PE CD and checked the C:\Windows\System32\ directory and Winload.exe is there.